- First, consider a hypothetical class of 25 students (relatively equal males and females), which includes students who:
- Represent various abilities (At least one with physical challenges and at least one with learning challenges)
- Are English Language Learners
- Have a religious affiliation other than Christian
- Are a recent immigrant to the United States
- Are from low socioeconomic status family
- Have parents who are gay
- Come from a single-parent household
- Are raised by grandparents, in foster care, have an incarcerated parent, or in some living arrangement other than a two-parent heterosexual household
- Have at least one parent in the military
- Are African American, Asian American, Anglo European, Hispanic American, Latino, or Native American
- You will create one lesson plan designed for any grade K-2 (Multicultural Lesson Plan #1) and one lesson plan designed for any grade grades 3-6 (Multicultural Lesson Plan #2).
- One of the lesson plans must represent an integrated content lesson (e.g., social studies and literacy, math and science). Also, consider the integration of art and/or music in your plan.
- One of the lesson plans must focus specifically on a multicultural topic.
- Please use the Lesson Plan EDCI 716 template (provided in Canvas) for each of your lesson plans.
- Please upload each lesson plan to the appropriate Assignment in Canvas.